The offical site/blog for project designer 2 as seen on www.cjrogers1993.deviantart.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Design Topic 7: Skating on Thin Ice


The winner of this challenge was Lashanathao. The simplicity of the design served as a foil for his fabulous fabric: a sequined stretch charmuse if I am right. The look was dynamic, yet delicate. Lashana has a high taste level and understands the power of restraint. LT, way to stay true to your strengths!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29757897/ I was too distracted by her poor construction (I'm being kind) to even consider her design intentions, said "ugh!" to me. While it's true that SomethingMinty revels in breaking design rules, when I see some of her outcomes I'm reminded of why there are rules...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29723999/ As usual, adriannauk created a beautiful design on a beautiful silouette, and as I stated in the design topic, you could go a little crazt. While other played it more safe, The layers of chiffon and the jettisoned violet fabric in diagonal rows screamed YAY!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29736938/ While Pkdesigner's drawing skills are not up to "par" her design skills most certainly are. She created a beautiful, youthful outfit with a plunging neckline and short skirt. In another designer's hands, the look could have been vulgar, but in Pkd's it was sexy, youthful, and fun. What a superb showing by Pkd.

OUT: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29751393/ I was, and still remain, totally baffled by HalaS's solution to this challenge. The matter of the client aside, his design was hideous and very poorly made. (Believe me; you can have one without the other.) I told her time and time again her looks were vulgar, and the high slit...Hala is talented and capable. In all honesty, it looked to me as though she wanted to take herself down with this challenge. What other excuse could there be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats
P
R
O
J
E
C
T

D
E
S
I
G
N
E
R
Who will win?

lashanathao
adriannuk
SomethingMinty
Pkdesigner